End of life palliative care SC32
Who is this course for?
All in Adult Social Care including social care support officers.
To raise awareness of all that is involved in high quality palliative care. The course describes how palliative care is developing on a regional and national basis and identifies how we can work effectively in partnership with this structure.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Describe commonly used terminology in relation to palliative care.
• Outline the way national strategies shape palliative care and the impact this can have on health care professionals.
• Identify strategies for analysing situations and complex cases.
• Describe mechanisms for reducing stress and resolving potential conflict within palliative care situations.
• Describe how equality and mental capacity issues relate to palliative care.
Trainers from St Catherine's Hospice
Delivery Dates & Venue
St Catherine's Hospice
Preston. PR5 5XU