Dementia - person centred assessment SC87
Who is this course for?
This course is for team managers, social workers, social care support officers and occupational therapists, who are involved in assessment.
Prerequisite – to have completed SCIE Dementia E learning module.
To improve the quality of face to face assessments and support practice development.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Explain what dementia is, including the signs and symptoms.
• Identify the possible physical and mental experience of people living with dementia.
• Recognise and explain that a person’s experience of living with dementia will be unique to that individual.
• Name local services which could help support the person living with dementia, their carer and their family.
• Identify communication barriers and use skills to maximise communication and understanding with people with dementia.
• Recognise and explain the importance of reminiscence for many people with dementia and how to facilitate reminiscence.
• Describe how people with dementia use whatever means are available to them to communicate feelings and needs.
• Describe how the ‘different reality’ of a person with dementia usually indicates the person’s needs and feelings.
• Demonstrate how to respond with empathy
Beth Noray – Liferoots Training
Delivery Dates & Venue
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ
- 08/03/18 09:30 to 04:30