Carers assessments – best practice and care act compliance SC04
Who is this course for?
This course is for all staff within Adult Services Personal Social Care including workers from mental health services, and those who work closely with social care services including health service staff working with older people and workers from voluntary organisations. This course has been identified as 'mandatory' for social workers and social care support officers.
To enable the participant to identify carers and undertake an assessment of carers needs with confidence.
At the end of the course participants will be able to :
• Identify carers according to Lancashire Social Care Services definition.
• Identify the requirements and responsibilities for assessment of carers needs under the Care Act 2014, Carers and Disabled Children Act 2000, the Department of Health guidance and Council policy and procedures.
• Identify internal mechanisms and potential resources which are available from the private and voluntary sector to inform and support carers.
• Undertake carers assessments effectively, with confidence and increased informed empathy.
• Identify meaningful outcome focussed support packages.
• Outline issues around equality and mental capacity as they relate to carers assessments.
Anne McCarthy Independent Trainer
Delivery Dates & Venue
St Mary's Street
Preston. PR1 5LN
Currently no training dates available.