Friday, November 24, 2017
Lancashire County Council's services for older people have once again achieved the Customer Service Excellence standard.
The older people's service runs 18 residential homes, 13 day centres, care navigation services and other adult support services. They were awarded the certificate last week following two inspections.
Customer Service Excellence was developed by the Government. It tests areas that research has indicated are a priority for customers, including standards of service delivery, timeliness, information, professionalism and staff attitude.
County Councillor Graham Gooch, cabinet member for adult services, said: "It's great that our older people's services have once again achieved the Customer Service Excellence certificate.
"This quality mark shows everyone that we are continuing to improve standards and putting the people who use our services, and their families or carers, at the heart of everything we do."
Inspectors highlighted many good practices including:
• Strong leadership with good systems ensuring staff are aware of customers' requirements.
• Providing specific activity programmes based on people's needs, including using items such as memory boxes to support people who have dementia.
• Using Wi-Fi to give people easy access to the internet
• Providing more opportunities for people who use services and their families to have their say.
• Staff going the extra mile, including setting up Skype so one resident could watch her granddaughter's wedding abroad.
County Councillor Gooch added: "The inspectors picked up on a number of points during their visit. These included good leadership and excellent systems that improved efficiency, ensuring staff can spend more time with people they support.
"I was particularly pleased that they highlighted staff going above and beyond to help people, including using the latest technology to help a care home resident to be part of her granddaughter's wedding abroad.
"Staff are doing a tremendous job and the Customer Service Excellence standard shows that their hard work is paying off."
For more information about the Customer Service Excellence scheme, visit: www.customerserviceexcellence.uk.com.
You can find out more about the county council's older people's services by visiting the adult social care web pages
Tagged as: Health and Social Care