The present Longridge Library was opened on 25th February 1964 by Judge P Ingress Bell. It was purpose built and cost £15,000. It replaced an older library which was a converted shop on Market Place, opened 15th August 1939. Longridge Library was refurbished in 2011, a total of £350,000 being spent to update facilities for our customers. The library was closed for 3 months and re-opened on September 19th 2011.