Bow Lane, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 2RE
Tel: 01772 533039 Email: email@example.com
|Tuesday||9.30am - 5pm
We are open until 7pm on the second Tuesday of each month.
|Wednesday||9.30am - 5pm|
|Thursday||9.30am - 5pm|
|Friday||9.30am - 5pm|
|Saturday||We are open on the second Saturday of each month from 10 am to 4 pm.|
- We stop producing archives from the strong rooms half an hour before closing time.
- We ask that you return any archives to the issue desk ten minutes before closing time.
- We ask that when you arrive you leave coats, bags, folders and all personal belongings in one of the lockers provided
We are closed on all English Bank Holidays including additional days at Christmas and New Year.
- Closed - Tuesday 26th December
- Closed - Wednesday 27th December
- Closed - Tuesday 2nd January
The archive searchroom is at first floor level, accessible by lift. An accessible toilet is available.
There is limited visitor parking at Lancashire Archives, including two spaces for Blue Badge holders. Occasionally, at busy times, the car park does become full, so visitors may prefer to use one of the park and ride services. The park and ride buses stop near Preston railway station. Car parks in Preston.
By train Preston station, on the West Coast main line, is 5 minutes' walk from Lancashire Archives.
By bus - local and long-distance buses stop near the railway station or at Preston bus station, some 15 minutes' walk from Lancashire Archives.