Help and advice on getting a job
We can help you if you are:
- Looking for a job
- Looking to improve your computer skills to search and apply for jobs
- Thinking of changing career
- Thinking of starting a business
At our libraries we can help you:
- Set up an email account
- Register with Universal Jobmatch and set up your personal job searching record
- Register with the National Careers Service and create your CV with National Careers Service CV builder
- Access Jobseeker Skills which includes guides to Universal Jobmatch, job hunting, CVs/covering letters, interviews and starting work. Login with your Lancashire library card number.
However, we will not be able give you advice on CVs or help you apply for specific jobs.
Contact a library for more details.
Lancashire libraries regularly hold online basics and online jobs sessions. You may need to book for some sessions.
Lancashire Adult Learning hold free work clubs in a number of libraries and other venues across Lancashire where tutors will help with producing CVs and covering letters, completing application forms, interview skills and searching for jobs online.