Alcohol and drug misuse
- 7,000 people in Lancashire are problem drug users.
- 8,000 children in Lancashire live in households with parents or carers who are substance misusers.
- Tens of thousands of people are drinking at harmful or hazardous levels.
Would you like help?
Each year over 7,000 adults and nearly 1,000 young people receive specialist help for a primary drug or alcohol problem in Lancashire. You are not on your own and we can help you.
We can provide:
- needle exchanges
- advice on harm reduction
- psychosocial interventions
- substitute prescribing
- group work
- individual counselling
- referral to residential detoxification and rehabilitation (aged 18 plus)
We deliver these services from venues in all the main towns and cities in Lancashire including:
- the five prisons
- numerous primary care centres and GP surgeries
Our data shows that the treatments we offer have increased the number of individuals and families recovering from substance misuse.
For help contact the following services:
North Lancashire - Inspire North Lancashire
- Tel: 08458 941 745
- Website: Inspire North Lancashire
East Lancashire - Inspire East Lancashire
- Tel: 01282 644 644
- Website: Inspire East Lancashire
Central Lancashire - Discover
- Tel: 01772 825 492
- Website: Discover
Young people's drug and alcohol treatment service
(up to 25 years)