Your rights to access your information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to request any information that the county council holds or processes concerning you, however, in some limited circumstances this information may be exempt from disclosure. To request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing, either via a letter or email to:Information Governance Team
Lancashire County Council
To ensure that we can deal with your request as efficiently as possible you will need to include the following information in your subject access request:
- Your current name and address
- Proof of identity (a copy of your driving licence, passport or two different utility bills that display your name and address).
- As much detail as possible regarding your request so that we can identify any information we may hold about you.
- Previous name and address
- Date of birth
- Which county council service you are / were involved with.
Lancashire County Council does not charge for making a subject access request. You are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data within 40 calendar days of our receipt of your subject access request.