Projects we support
Typical projects that have received support include:
- Tree planting projects to create or improve woodlands for nature conservation and the enjoyment and health of local people
- Assisting with small schemes to reclaim derelict or neglected land for community use, such as for community gardens and much larger reclamation schemes to create sports and recreation facilities
- Projects to improve and promote access to the countryside for everyone
- Large or small playground and public park schemes, working with designers and artists to create quality playspaces, utilising natural materials.
- Wildlife, biodiversity and habitat projects
- Local heritage projects
- Food growing projects, including allotments and community orchards
- Sustainable transport initiatives
- Helping groups to plan improvements to community buildings, their landscape and facilities
- Urban landscaping
- Public art projects
- School grounds improvements
For specific examples and case studies, please look at the What's happening in my area? section.