Welcome to your Lancashire

Contact Lancashire Parking Services

  • Contact us
    You can contact us to make an appeal, pay your charge or discuss your case.

About Lancashire Parking Services

About Lancashire Parking Services

Traffic Warden
We are responsible for the enforcement of high-priority, on-street parking restrictions, such as double and single yellow lines, bus routes and on-street parking bays.
All money recovered from the enforcement of parking restrictions can only be used to pay for the service and highway related schemes.
Our team of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) operate across Lancashire and cover the following on-street areas:
Burnley, Chorley, Fylde, Hyndburn, Lancaster, Pendle, Preston, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Wyre
We also enforce the parking restrictions on a number of district council car parks in Lancaster, South Ribble and Wyre.
We can enforce a number of parking restrictions, including:
  • Vehicles parked on yellow lines or where loading restrictions are in force
  •  Vehicles parked without clearly displaying a valid or the correct permit / voucher / ticket to allow them to do so
  • Vehicles parked for longer than the purchased time or for longer than permitted in pay and display or limited waiting bays
  • Vehicles parked in a suspended bay during controlled hours
  •  Vehicles parked in a bus stop or bus lane during prohibited hours
  • Vehicles parked excessively outside of bay markings
We operate the service in accordance with national legislation, primarily, the Traffic management Act 2004, more information can be found at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/18/contents


How does it work?

Traffic Warden
  • If you park in accordance with the local restrictions, you will not be affected
  • If a Civil Enforcement Officer finds your vehicle parked in contravention of the local restrictions, they will issue a Penalty Charge Notice
  •  If you pay the Penalty Charge Notice within 14 days you will only be liable to pay 50% of the total charge (£70 reduced to £35 and £50 reduced to £25)
  • Should you make an informal challenge within the first 14 days and are subsequently rejected, we will offer you another 14 days to pay at the discounted rate
  • You can appeal further against the charge, however, you must wait to be served with a Notice to Owner before you can take the next step
  • Should you be rejected again at this stage, you can take your appeal to an independent adjudicator
  • Failure to pay the charge will result in debt registration and the pursuit of the charge through the county court and through bailiff action


Top of Page

What is the role of the police?

Some parking restrictions are still enforceable by the police as we are only able to enforce in areas where there are actual parking restrictions. The police can still enforce;

  • Where no parking restrictions are present but vehicles are parked dangerously, causing an obstruction to other road users or pedestrians
  • Where vehicles are blocking access to your property or parked on a white ‘H-marking’
You can contact your local police station to request enforcement in these areas.

Top of Page

What happens to the money?

The money received from Penalty Charge Notices can only be re-invested into Lancashire Parking Services and highway related schemes.

Top of Page

© 2014, Lancashire County CouncilPhone: 0300 123 6701 email: enquiries@lancashire.gov.uk