Lancashire Teaching Agency
The Lancashire Teaching Agency (LTA), provides a 'one stop shop' for school recruitment needs; a comprehensive solution to schools’ staffing requirements.
As a supply teacher or support staff with the LTA you will benefit from:
- Teachers pay in accordance with the 'Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document'.
- Recognition and payment of Threshold.
- Appraisal for staff eligible for performance pay threshold and performance management.
- Regularly managed work to best suit the skills of the teacher.
- A structured programme of free continuous professional development linked to individual needs.
- Teachers' pension superannuation scheme.
- A single contact point to a dedicated consultant to assist in the search for the most suitable teaching opportunities.
- Job search skills advice and career planning to enable supply teachers to move into contractual teaching.
- Commitment to continued development of the service in partnership with Lancashire Education Authority (LEA).
- Supply work undertaken will be recognised by the LEA, for the purpose of salary assessment.
- NQT induction seminars and induction extension arrangements through the NQT steering group.
- Advice given to supply teachers on the compilation of personal portfolios of training and development.
Helen Denton Executive Director for Children and Young People, Lancashire County Council
"The LTA has successfully worked in partnership with schools since 2002, supplying short and long term staff. Working in conjunction with the Schools Forum as part of our procurement of a new provider, I am delighted that Reed have again been selected to run the LTA from this September. The LTA provides high quality staff appointed under stringent safeguarding and quality standards who have regular access to CPD. From September, the LTA aims to fulfil all schools' short term, long term and permanent recruitment needs, covering all teaching and support staff roles. In these tougher economic times the LTA provides a high quality service and represents good value for money for schools."