Lancashire County Council Logo
My location

Your location enables us to provide information about services in your area.

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Service

The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Service (previously the Inclusion and Disability Support Service or IDSS) advises and supports parents, carers, families, and professionals with the additional needs of children and young people.

Our offer includes:

  • Advice and support from our specialist teachers, educational psychologists, assessment team and specialist social workers. Please contact your area team, we can help with a range of issues like:
    • sensory impairment
    • transitions
    • how to request an education, health and care plan
    • Personal Budget
  • Local services information and local forums. Please contact your liaison officer for more information or if you want to attend a local forum.
  • Free newsletter and SEND updates. Sign up to the FIND database to receive a free newsletter or like us on Facebook to receive updates. To find out more about any of the above services please call 01772 532 509 or email

SEND Service area teams

North - Fylde, Wyre and Lancaster
Tel: 01524 581 200

South - Chorley, South Ribble, West Lancashire and Preston
Tel: 01772 531 597

East - Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, Burnley and Pendle
Tel: 01254 220553

Liaison officers

Burnley, Pendle, South Ribble, Lancaster, Fylde and Wyre - please contact any liaison officer

Preston and Chorley - Norma O'Hagan
Tel: 07557 030 837

West Lancashire - Susan Gaskell
Tel: 07584 217 661

Hyndburn, Ribble Valley and Rossendale - Lauren Till
Tel: 07557 030 839