9. Late applications
The deadline to apply for children starting primary school in September 2018 was 15 January 2018. If you missed this deadline you can still make a late application.
Make a late application
We prioritise applications received on time and a late application may reduce your chance of getting your preference of school.
Before you start
If you registered online in previous years (before 1 September 2017) you will need to re-register.
If you started an application before the deadline but did not submit it on time you do not need to re-register but you will need to re-enter your child's details and preferences.
If any of your preferences are independent (fee paying) schools, apply directly to the school itself.
You will need to have the following handy:
- A valid email address - this is the address we will use to confirm your application and the school place you will be offered in April
- Your name, address and telephone number
- The forename, surname and date of birth of the child
- The child's permanent address (if different from the parent/guardian applying)
- The names of your first, second and third school preferences
- Details of brothers or sisters who will be attending one or more of the schools you are applying to when the younger child starts in September
- If the child receives care, you need the name of the Local Care Authority that is responsible for this care and the child's social worker
- You will need to choose your own user ID, this must be must be 6-16 characters long and contain letters and numbers only
- You will also need to choose a password of at least 8 characters, one uppercase, one lowercase, one of the following special characters: ! @ # % ^ & * () and one number
Click here to register and apply >
If you have already applied please don't use this form to make changes to your application. Please contact your area education office if you need to alter an application you've already done. Page 9 of 14