Safe Trader scheme
The Safe Trader Scheme helps residents find reputable traders for property repairs, home improvements, gardening services, mobility aids and other services around the home.
Member benefits include:
- Membership certificate, window and vehicle stickers, and use of the Safe Trader Logo on business documentation and websites.
- Access to advice and guidance from Trading Standards.
- Access to Trading Standards mediation should a dispute arise between a consumer and member business.
- A dedicated business page on the Safe Trader website where the business logo and link to the business website can be displayed.
- A star rating system based on customer feedback.
- Periodic awards scheme giving certificates for continually good feedback.
- Promotion of the scheme by the county council.
- A commitment to treating customers fairly and honestly by signing up to the Code of Practice.
- Evidence of trading for a minimum period of 12 months and Public Liability Insurance of £2million.
- Payment of the membership fee of £99 + VAT per annum (from 1st October 2016).
Find out more about the scheme and register your business as a Safer Trader.