Contact the museum
The Grade II listed building housing the Museum was originally built as the Custom House and is situated in a housing conservation area. It was designed by the famous Victorian architect Decimus Burton in 1836 and is one of the oldest buildings in Fleetwood.
In 1876, the building was bought by Alexander Carson, a Gentleman, who used it as a private residence, building an extension on the right hand side and having the name "Wyre Holm" carved in to the stone.
The building was later purchased by the Fleetwood Urban District Council and became the administration centre for the town. It subsequently, became the Town Hall when Fleetwood gained Borough status in 1933. After 1977, it served for a brief period as housing for a private school, becoming the town's Museum in 1990.